December 29, 2010

tip: cool pics app for imaginative folk

If you like Instagram and the neat filters reproducing camera effects (see examples in my flickr photostream), you may like it so much you're disappointed that you can't import and work up photos you've already got living on your hard drive.  Well, get happy and check out Photostyler from Corner-A, which is coincidentally having a cool 30% off holiday sale through the 10th of January.

photostyler screenshot.jpg

If you've already got Photoshop and don't know why you'd need this, you may not, though this is certainly convenient.  I'm working from home now without Adobe solutions and finding very affordable alternatives that do what I need quickly (hello, Acorn!).  Photostyler is fast, friendly, and features a TON of filters which you can stack and adjust –all of which makes makes me happy.  And as the developer writess, comparing Photoshop to Photostyler is like comparing a tank to a bicycle and "sometimes, you only need a bicycle."

Photostyler's usually $30 but enter code "coming2010" at checkout to get it for $21 (i'm not affiliated or anything).  All the reviews I've read are positive, confirm that it's updated frequently, and is a good value for the money.  I've even used it tonight to treat my photo on the newly added About page, and the snap below.

~benc

ben pic lomo.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment